The writing prompt from Lost Daughters for today asks us talk about being called an “angry adoptee.”
I was doing some research for another blog post I’m writing and I needed to look through some of the Google search terms people have used to arrive at my blog. I’ve glanced through this list of terms before, but never really paid too much attention to it. Today, I took some time to really look at some of these terms, questions and statements, and yes, it makes me realize why so many adoptees are angry, including myself.
As an exercise in entertainment or at the very least, to provide some insight about what people think of adoptees and adoption, I’d like to share some of these things that people say.
A Few Google Search Terms for Sisterwish
My most favorite search term ever.
- How to be a supportive sister to a teen mom
You’ve obviously arrived at the wrong blog.
- Happy adoptee blog
- Gotchaday charms
- Adoptees who support the Cappobiancos
Can anybody help me sort out this birth certificate confusion?
- How do you know if your birth certificate is an original?
- My name is smudged on birth certificate
- My mom lied on my birth certificate
- What state seals the adoptee birth certificate the state of birth or adoption
- My birth certificate has my biological last name and I have always gone by my adopted last name how do I get social security card
- Adoptee denied passport because of amended birth certificate
- How do you know if your birth certificate is original
- Passport with amended birth certificate?
My father is an asshole.
- When your biological father doesn’t want contact
- My birth father doesn’t want to know me
- Rejected by natural father
- My bio father doesn’t want to know me
Why didn’t I think of that?
- National Unethical Adoption Awareness Month
- Adoptive parent whistleblower
But I thought open adoption was better!
- Open adoption sucks
- Open adoption adoptee wish it was closed
- Open adoption is bad
- Adoptive parents feeling uncomfortable and wishing hadn’t done open adoption
- Adoptees and open adoption
- Open adoption and teens
- Half sister from an open adoption
- Open adoption jealousy
Why are adoptees so awful?
- Adoptee jealous sibling kept reunion feel replaced
- Adoptees not able to support others emotionally
- Why is my adopted sister so jealous of me
- Blog about adopted sister
- Bad adoptee blog
- Adopted sister is trying to divide myself and my biological sister
- Frustrated adoptive mom
- Adoptee rage
That’s just so wrong, it didn’t need to be googled.
- Is it wrong to touch your adopted sister
- Why are Mexicans dirty
- Late discovery adoptees
- Dismissive statements like “she’s a big girl, she can handle it”
- Amom doesn’t want adult adoptee to meet Bmom
Adoption ethics, original birth certificate issues, second class citizen status, expectations of adoptees, stereotyping, molestation, lies, jealousy, accusations, regret, rejection – yes, I think we can all understand why adoptees might be angry and some even livid, outraged, furious or downright pissed. We’re not here to be dealt with as a Google search term in an attempt to find some simple solution in dealing with us.
We’re here to be loud and bold. We have a voice and we’re using it. I hope it makes you angry. And I hope you join us in our demand for justice and ethics and especially in our efforts to be heard.